Monday, December 31, 2012

DJ Foster.


The 2012 NCAA Pac-12 football season gave me a nice opportunity to photograph Arizona State University and another player who is making a good name for himself as he moves up the playing ranks.

ASU's freshman running back DJ Foster is a local product by way of Saguaro High School in Scottsdale and I had no idea that on September 17, 2009, while following Peoria High School on a road game that I had even recorded images of such a player.

That was the high school footbal game that I remember all too well because it was the same evening when Peoria's KJ Bowen (God bless his soul) hurtled out of bounds, made a quick move to his left to avoid colliding with me, only to collide with a female photographer on the sideline behind me. I'm still thankful she did not get hurt too badly. I don't even know who she is and often think it would have been better for me to take that hit instead.

DJ played quite well in the two games I was able to photograph him this season and he will do just as well, if not better, I know, during the three seasons he has left to play for ASU and I hope beyond as well. Thanks DJ, good luck to you and your team as well for 2013 and beyond. I think the best is yet to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment