Monday, July 18, 2011

Back in the Saddle!


Yes, it's been quite sometime since I posted here, about nine months if I'm counting correctly. Hey, life is what it is, a lot of ups and downs to deal with, a lot of wrong paths to get off of, and a lot of the wrong people to be gotten rid of. There's nothing in life that's too hard to get things back on the right track, no mater how much time it takes.

I'm still here in the Phoenix area, it's right in the middle of one of the hottest summers I've ever experienced. I don't know for sure, but my instincts tell me that the rapid growth of the population, more so on the side of property than people, is to blame for that.

The education at the University of Phoenix is going well. I'm continuing my studies to earn a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology, with a concentration in Networking and Telecommunications, a key to a secure career that i can take well into my elderly years and never be dissatisfied.

It's time in life for a new milestone to be reached, coming up on the 50 year mark in a few months and it's great to have a good feeling to take into it as well. Those of us, I feel, who give it all we've got and take what we do seriously, as I have, are the ones who get the most out of life and have better things to come. It's never too late to start over.

As much as I think highly of living in these modern times, I often wonder what life would have been like if I'd been born one century earlier. The American Southwest is a great place to live and work and has an interesting side of history for me.

Oddly enough, the Pony Express was disbanded on October 27, 1861 and I was born 100 years to that day. I often wonder if I could have lived in the great American Southwest of that era and been one of the cowboys that we marvel on by way of old TV movies,pictures, books, etc. as I would see myself the same hard worker of adolecence that I remember myself actually being.

Those who know me well enough to know of my temporary relocation to the Boston area should know that it is also the story of my first taste of personal responsibility with what I call my first real job.

Even to this day I can't help but reflect on the enjoyment I had of getting up early every morning, yes, seven days a week, in all kinds of weather, to include the brutal winter, mounting up on my bicycle, or on foot to deliver, on average 50 newspapers to a customer base that I became well known in, earning about $25 per week, a little more than the average kis weekly allowance, I thought. I know one thing, $25 in 1876 would have gon a long way.

Oh what the heck, I like shooting pictures better than shooting guns. The images I record of sports, or any other event for that matter, will continue to be displayed in cyberspace like stars in outerspace. Life itself is not endless, but I only want to pick up and continue to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment